Our Farm & Lavender Market is open June and July every Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 10 - 5. You can find Lockwood Lavender Farm products in these retail locations. Like us on Facebook and receive up to date information on what's happening on the farm. You can find more information about the 2017 Finger Lakes Lavender Festival.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Can you guess when our first lamb will be born?

Lambing season will quickly be upon us.  So we thought we would give you the opportunity to guess the date of when our first arrivals.  There is one catch…we left the Ram in with the Ewes all summer so even we aren't sure when our first lamb will be born.  So give us a guess and the one closest to delivery date will win a Lockwood Lavender Farm Gift Basket full of lavender and honey products.

Seeing new lambs being born is the closest thing I've ever seen to magic and watching one take it's first shaky steps on impossibly long legs ten minutes later is nothing short of a miracle.  I hope to share some of those first steps with you.


 Last year lambs.




So give us a guess here on our blog or go to our FACEBOOK page.  Oh!  Here's a clue:  The average gestation length in sheep varies from 142 to 152 days.  Good Luck!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Can't wait to come for a visit. My guess is March 9th. My birthday. You can reach me at cindyjohnson816@hotmail.com

Thanks wonderful people!

Cindy said...

I am guessing March 9th, my birthday. Can't wait to come for a visit. You can reach me at cindyjohnson816@hotmail.com

Thanks guys,you are wonderful!

Christy Lemp said...

What a great idea! OK here's my guess- January 15.
Looking forward to more darling lamb pictures!

Unknown said...

My guess will be February 15th, my dad's b'day. I can't wait to see the photos of the new babies. Thanks for sharing those with us!
Patty

rinkpa1965@gmail.com

Johan said...

My guess is January 20th. I can be reached on johan_visser@yahoo.com Good luck with the newborns!!

Anonymous said...

January 25th- What a great idea!
You can reach me at
91452@baldcom.net
DianaO'Brien

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Explore Skaneateles