Sunday, May 20, 2012

Always moving forward...

Several weeks ago Lockwood Lavender Farm was awarded the Small Business Excellence Award from the U.S. Small Business Administration.  A big thank you goes to Joanne Lenweaver and WISE Women Center for nominating me, their support and inspiring me in creating this dream. 

Two years ago Joanne invited me to participate in the Creative Business Roundtable discussion group.  What I call, my business therapy.  I would often leave the center after a thought provoking discussion and not remember how I got home.  Though the centers encouragement I am developing a business that I can see grow every day.  I hope this award encourages others in agriculture to develop their business beyond the farm.  

And the business moves forward...
Our lavender drying barn is finally under construction.  After our lavender is cut and bundled and placed on a paperclip they will be hung in the loft and on stringer thought out the barn. The darkness of the barn will help the lavender retain its color, and drying it upside down helps retain its blossom shape.




 Love post and beam barns.

 Gary gives a helping hand in lifting the trusses.



  The project should been done this week.

Being Gary!  Now their is a blog post all on its own.  Gary cooked lunch for all the guys on the construction site.  He's that kind of guy.

Love this view from the loft of the new barn.


We welcomed the City View and Fayetteville Garden Clubs this week.
If you have a Garden Club or Organization that would like to visit and learn about growing lavender give us a call (315-685-5369) or email us (lockwoodfarm@aol.com).
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Explore Skaneateles