Sunday, February 19, 2012

Watson Greenhouse - Lafayette, NY

Carol Watson Greenhouse in Lafayette, NY is the place to be if your trying to brush off the winter blues.  I had the pleasure of participating in their Spa Day event this year.  Just being in the greenhouse was such a treat.  The smell of geraniums, herbs and of course lavender filled the air.

A willow archway greets you as you enter the greenhouse.
 
I was thrilled to be able to sell our Lavender and Honey products.  Carol had asked that I demonstrate how to make lavender wands while I was there.

The different colors of geraniums growing in the bright greenhouse reminds you that spring is not far behind.

 This just takes my breath away.

Orange, lime and lemon trees graced us with their fruit.

The sound of trickling water from this fountain was so peaceful.

Our hostess, Carol Watson served tea and rosemary biscuits to the quests.



 Miniature gardens and terrariums have become very popular again.  I remember making one in the 70's.  I am thinking of using some of these articles for a fairy house in a tree stump.
    
 I am definitely trying this chair idea this spring.

 Beautiful shades of pink.

 A view of their other greenhouse with a number of plants started for the new spring season.


Don't wait for a rainy day to visit Watson Greenhouse
 Check out their store and website for products and services they provide.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Explore Skaneateles