Thursday, May 27, 2010

Real Farmgirls Drive Skidsteers!

                           
I have this desire to build rock walls.  No, an obsession.  In the spring time after my husband has plowed the field their is often a number of rocks that have to be removed.  And guess who gets that job.  Being that I don't like to see things go to waste...I build walls.  And I can not do that without a dear friend...my skidsteer, Rosey You see Rosey and I understand each other.  We both understand we have a job to do.  Hers is to have the power to lift heavy objects and move them ever so gentle in place. With me giving her direction.   

                           
Oh, I have to admit I was at first intimidated by her. You see she holds the power, but I own the joystick.  If you have never driven a skidsteer you don't know what your missing.  Their is something about operating heavy machinery that empowers you.  I have yet to find anything I can't move.  One thing you learn right away is that a skidsteer does not have brakes.  And with the right moves you can turn on a dime.  It's like a computer game only with pedals.

                           
It's great for hauling and helping plant lavender.
                          
 
It takes a little skill, but you learn to move big boulders just where you want them.

 
My newest addition.  Rock wall 2010

 
Lupine just starting to bloom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Explore Skaneateles