Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why Lavender?


A number of women who attended the Lure of Lavender Tea at Mirbeau Inn & Spa asked the question my husband and I receive all the time. Why Lavender?

It's a long story, but here's the short version...

I first laid eyes on my husband in the travel section of Borders book store. I dreaming of travel to Ireland and he of going anywhere. We talked for 2 hours over a cup of tea.

After the third date he told me he owned a farm. I think he thought I would be scared off.
Needless to say I fell in love with him and the farm. I mean look at that view!

The view, smell and feel of the place is hard to describe. The year we became engaged we planted our first 36 Munstead plants. I had always loved lavender and wanted to grow my own flowers for my bridal bouquet.

In the first year we learned the cultural habits, the ph needs of the plant, drainage, available sun light and weed control. Based on the good results. We sought more information and other varieties and ventured to North American's largest lavender festival in Sequim, Washington.
In 2005 and 2006 we planted 100, 2 1/2 inch pots of Grosso and Hidicot from the state of Washington.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Explore Skaneateles